Union Minister Jitendra Singh said that the new portal under Bhuvan “Yuktdhara”, which has been released recently, will facilitate planning of new MGNREGA assets using Remote Sensing and GIS based information.
- It is a Geospatial Planning Portal meant for facilitating Gram Panchayat Level planning of MGNREGA activities across India.
- It is aptly named as word ‘Yukt’ is derived from Yojanam, the planning and ‘Dhara’ indicates the flow.
- It is a culmination of untiring joint efforts of ISRO and Ministry of Rural development made towards realizing a G2G service for rural planning in support of decentralized decision making.
- Yuktdhara based plans will be prepared by grassroot functionary and verified by appropriate authorities for relevance and resource allocation.
Significance of Yuktdhara
- It will facilitate planning of new MGNREGA assets using Remote Sensing and GIS based information.
- It will serve as a repository of assets (Geotags) created under various national rural development programmes i.e. MGNREGA, Per Drop More Crop and Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana etc., along with field photographs.
- It integrates wide variety of thematic layers, multi-temporal high resolution earth observation data with analysis tools.
- The planners will analyse previous assets under various schemes and facilitates identification of new works using online tools.