India Men’s Hockey win the bronze medal at the Tokyo Olympics.
India men’s hockey team defeated Germany 5-4 to win the bronze medal at the Tokyo Olympics to end a 41-year wait for an Olympic medal in hockey
- India wins the bronze medal in men’s hockey after beating Germany 5-4 at Tokyo Olympics.
- Before this podium ended for bronze, India closing climbed up the Olympic podium in 1980, gaining its 8th gold at the Games.
- Simranjeet Singh scored two desires for India at the Oi Hockey Stadium, alongside Hardik Singh, Harmanpreet Singh and Rupinder Pal Singh, including their names on the scoresheet.
- The last time India had won a medal in hockey was at the 1980 Moscow Games where they got the gold. It was India’s last of the eight Olympic golds.
- It is India’s third hockey bronze medal in the history of the Olympics. The other two came in 1968 Mexico City and the 1972 Munich Games
Amsterdam 1928 to Tokyo 2020, list of all medals won by India men’s hockey team