Union Cabinet has approved a MoU between National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA), India and Bangladesh on cooperation in the field of Disaster Management, Resilience and Mitigation.
Features of the MoU
- Extend mutual support on the request of either Parties at the time of large scale disaster (Natural or human induced) occurring within their respective territories, in the field of relief, response, reconstruction and recovery.
- Exchange relevant information, remote sensing data and other scientific data and share experience/best practices of disaster response, recovery, mitigation, capacity building for ensuring resilience, etc.
- Extend cooperation in the field of advanced information technology, early warning systems, remote sensing & navigation services and expertise for disaster preparedness, response and mitigation and more towards real time data sharing.
- Support training of officials in the field of Disaster management.
- Conduct Joint Disaster Management Exercises bilaterally between both the countries.
- Share standards, latest technologies and tools for creating Disaster Resilient Communities.
- Exchange publications and materials as textbooks, guidelines in the field of Disaster Management and may conduct joint research activities in the field of Disaster management, Risk Reduction and Recovery.