The Union Minister for Women and Child Development, inaugurated the National Commission for Women’s 24/7 helpline number – 7827170170.
- This helpline has been launched with the aim of further improving the security and safety of all women across the country.
- The Minister congratulated the NCW for this brilliant initiative and said that this helpline will give a strong message to the country’s women that the commission and the government will always stand by them.
- The entire team of the National Commission for Women was also lauded by the minister for their efforts towards helping the women of the country during the pandemic.
- The primary objective of this newly launched Helpline is to provide 24-hour counselling and complaints services to all those women of the nation who are affected by violence.
- Through this helpline information will also be provided regarding women related government programmes.
How will this helpline function?
A team of trained experts will help in the functioning of this helpline. Any woman aged 18 years and above can call and seek help on this Helpline. This helpline will be operated from National Commission for Women’s premises which are located in New Delhi. In collaboration with Digital India Corporation under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology this helpline has been developed.
About National Commission for Women (NCW)
NCW is a statutory body of the government that was formed in the year 1992. The primary objective of NCW is to look into the women related issues of the women across the nation. The current chairperson of NCW is Rekha Sharma.