Earth Hour is observed on the last Saturday of March every year.
During the Earth Hour, people turn off their lights as a sign of solidarity, globally.
This hour showcases the need to take action on the pressing issue of global climate change. Earth Hour promotes awareness about environmental issues on a public platform.
The Theme for 2021 is “Climate Change to Save Earth”.
- Earth Hour was started in 2007 by the World Wildlife fund for Nature (WWF).
- Aim:To call attention towards global warming, loss of biodiversity and climate change.
- Under this initiative , people switch off their lights for one hour.
- Theme:Climate Change and sustainable development.
World Wildlife fund for Nature(WWF):
- It is an international non-governmental organization founded in 1961.
- Aim:To stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature.
- Headquarters:Gland, Switzerland.