The Vice President, Venkaiah Naidu witnessed a demonstration by the AICTE officials on a unique tool that translates English language content into 11 different Indian languages.
About the AI tool
- This AI tool translates English language online courses into eleven different languages namely, Hindi, Marathi, Bengali, Telugu, Gujarati, Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam, Assamese, Punjabi and Odia.
- Tool is capable of translating English books, complex formulae, research journals, Government documents and English videos to stated languages.
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
AICTE was established in November 1945 as an advisory body. It was given the status of statutory body by an act of Parliament. It is a national-level council for technical education. It works under Department of Higher Education. It is responsible for proper planning and coordinated development of technical education and management education system across India.
- AICTE is assisted by 10 Statutory Boards of Studies including- UG Studies in Eng. & Tech., Management Studies, PG and Research in Eng. and Tech., Vocational Education, Pharmaceutical Education, Technical Education, Architecture, Hotel Management & Catering Technology, Information Technology and Town & Country Planning.
- AICTE is headquartered in Delhi where offices of the chairman, vice-chairman and member secretary has been set up. Apart from it, regional offices have been set up at Kanpur, Gurgaon, Chandigarh, Bhopal, Mumbai, Vadodara, Kolkata, Bangalore, Guwahati, Chennai, Hyderabad, Chennai and Thiruvananthapuram.
- AICTE is the statutory authority to plan, formulate and maintain norms & standards, quality assurance through school accreditation and funding in priority areas.